Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Vendor and I (Mkongoraa,Ugoro Vs Mchemsho and Mtura)



Sunday's are always boring in the afternoon ,am sure there is one out there reading and understanding why am saying so..after Christians come from church it's always family reunion afternoon ,visiting neighbors or going out with mama and papa...lucky for those with families..

Bachelors like i will always wake up with an hangover after having almost a dozen of Smirnoff ice the other night,and when i say waking up i don't mean the early morning ,its always on a sunny afternoon and probably i will be craving for a cold Pepsi and mchemsho to soothe me from the willies i had.

One thing you should know hangovers need a great mchemsho and a cold drink,so the first thing is when you wake up from the effects of the last night drinking you will always be thinking where can i get the best kongoro or mchemsho, and for us who have spent most of our times in the northern part of bongo (Arusha) well known for the best Nyama choma and mchemsho you have no option than the following places ,"sakina bar,Florida,Pin point,Bondeni Bar ,Police mess .

Sasa this Sunday afternoon i decide to go and ease my hangover at a friends pub well known as Bondeni bar,a place where you can find all the flamboyant mine guy's from mererani..the ones that will order 2 crates of booze and invite others to have some for free,a few inappropriate amorous jokes among each other,i always hate it when it noisy but since i prefer mtura(local sausage) from this place i have to tolerate..

The guzzlers noise at point made me happy that i wanted to contribute ,they were all arguing on how David Moyes can cover Ferguson's steps,i was enjoying their conversation as if i was just next to them,soon as i wanted to go join them Mama Vicky arrived with my plate of mchemsho and mtura pembeni..am well known of my selfish habit when it comes to Nyama or Mtura,i believe in individualistic dining so i always sit at a corner enjoying my meal..

One thing i hate most is getting interrupted when am having my meal ,i always fear when somebody gets close might change my plate into a communal one "sharing a mchemsho" you can imagine...Sasa as i was busy enjoying my curried ndizi kuku mchemsho with mtura came a guy who was dressed in drafted red rubega ,who i noticed he was carrying a big moth eaten suck ,and pieces of sticks in his hands known as "mkongoraa and some transparent plastic bag that i noticed some brownish powder in known as Ugoro.

Mkongoraa is a piece of herbal stick believed by the maasai culture that it increases male increment,and for Ugoro stands for brown powdery tobacco...Sasa the Maasai vendor sat next to me and tried to convince me to buy his products,all i know i had a bitter eye upon him but he never realized what it meant ,as he was talking i tried to eat quickly so that he doesn't ending up picking a piece of meat from my plate...

 
He soon or later forgot himself and picked a piece of Mtura and started smiling at me,i was to panic and do something stupid but i really tried to use my anger management classes techniques ,so i said nothing..and the vendor kept on eating ..sasa i lost my appetite due to some hygienic matter ,i thought of the guy not washing his hands i got scared i would catch some E coli..so i called upon mama Vicky ..

Mama Vicky came and washed my hands,she asked me if i did enjoy the meal..I didn't answer that..i left a lot of mtura about half a kilo for the vendor..it did hurt me at some point but all i did is i asked the vendor how much he was selling the Mkongora..."unausaje?? trying to imitate their accent ..."Tano lufuu moja"..i never asked him because i was to buy but i  was being sarcastic since i had a plan...

The guy was busy enjoying the meal that he made me loose my appetite on,"Yerroo endelea kula ,naenda kwa choo nikirudi nikute umeanda Mkongoraa 5". i told him i was going to the toilet so he should prepare me some male increment herbal stick that i am to pick after coming from the latrine.."Yerroo sidaaiii utakuta iko tiyali"...

I left and went to mama Vicky and told her ,the mchemsho she bought me the vendor was to pay for...Mama Vicky asked why ,i told her half of my portion the vendor took so i never enjoyed they meal ,so i left and Mama Vicky remained asking the guy asking for payments....

"yeroo nasema leta pesa yangu".......




  


0 comments:

Post a Comment