Friday, July 27, 2012

GRATITUDES TO MY MENTOR...

I know plenty of people who  only read the small parts on newspapers ,someone will buy a Daily news paper to only read the heading,it reminds me when i was in secondary school,  I spent hours sniffing text books where i had this stingy lady teacher of mine who used to teach me Literature ,she always insisted of us never being lazy.. in my school life i used to enjoy reading books ,but i never liked how offensive my teacher could be,how she used to call me every time,shouting my name in class Issah do this and that,how she made my butts red by whipping me.Some would never understand why i transformed my blog theme from crazy news and gossip center to a real deal..for those who like reading can understand what i mean,but for lazy Jack would sleep while reading the first paragraph.
But my self esteem issues are not the highlight of this.For the out most part i wouldn't congratulate Mama Mgaya my Literature teacher cause she did not do much of the work ,i would rather give all the gratitude to my biggest mentor that i am sure some are also inspired by him..you will only know my mentor if you are a fun of reading and essay writing . i know very few ..but its not late try atleast 4 chapters a day..you can start from there...lets get to know my mentor..

Arthur Asher Miller (October 17, 1915 – February 10, 2005) was an American playwright and essayist. He was a prominent figure in American theatre, writing dramas that include plays such as All My Sons (1947), Death of a Salesman (1949), The Crucible (1953), and A View from the Bridge (one-act, 1955; revised two-act, 1956).
Miller was often in the public eye, particularly during the late 1940s, 1950s and early 1960s, a period during which he testified before the House Un-American Activities Committee, received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Prince of Asturias Award, and was married to Marilyn Monroe.


Miller's career as a writer spanned over seven decades, and at the time of his death, Miller was considered to be one of the greatest dramatists of the twentieth century. After his death, many respected actors, directors, and producers paid tribute to Miller, some calling him the last great practitioner of the American stage, and Broadway theatres darkened their lights in a show of respect. Miller's alma mater, the University of Michigan opened the Arthur Miller Theatre in March, 2007. As per his express wish, it is the only theatre in the world that bears Miller's name.
Christopher Bigsby wrote Arthur Miller: The Definitive Biography based on boxes of papers Miller made available to him before his death in 2005. The book was published in November 2008, and is reported to reveal unpublished works in which Miller "bitterly attack[ed] the injustices of American racism long before it was taken up by the civil rights movement".
Miller's papers are housed at the Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center at The University of Texas at Austin.

                                                     MY FAVORITE BOOKS
                                       

                                                                     
MY FAVORITE QUOTES FROM ARTHUR
  • I cannot sleep for dreaming; I cannot dream but I wake and walk about the house as though I'd find you coming through some door. 
  • I think it's a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one's self. 
  • If I have any justification for having lived it's simply, I'm nothing but faults, failures and so on, but I have tried to make a good pair of shoes. There's some value in that. 
  • Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value. 
  • Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.                      
 I am on Focus 5th chapter sniffing into my nerves ..i wonder what feelings he had while writing this books ,no offense their ill ..they would tend me to kill my TV series dose..i see its a battle now..

                                                               Issah QM Msongo

0 comments:

Post a Comment